When looking for a Pest Management Company, you can't go wrong by choosing any of our members. They all have to be licensed to be a part of the Association and also are members of the National Pest Management Association.
- Certification: Call the certifying state agency for information about pest management professionals in your area. They are required to attend pesticide safety and applicator certification courses. Continuing education is mandatory.
- Licensure: Ask to see their PA Department of Agriculture license and make sure they are a member of national, state or local pest management associations.
- Referrals: Ask people to recommend companies they’ve used successfully.
- Reliability: Check with the Department of Consumer Affairs in your area and see if complaints have been filed against the company and how they were resolved.
- Bids: If a sizable amount of money is involved, get several bids.
- Contracts: Before signing a contract be sure you fully understand the nature of the pest problem, the extent of the infestation, and the work necessary to solve the problem.
- Liability Insurance: Make sure the company has adequate insurance to cover any damages to your house or possessions during treatment.
For a list of licensed and qualified pest management professionals in your area, click here
. Get your pest control questions answered by our experts, view frequently asked questions by consumers and more. Need pest control tips on how to control pests in your home? It’s all there.